Fleas- On the animals- in the house- etc

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Pet Care Fleas- On the animals- in the house- etc

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Liss

I had to register here just for this post.
      I too live in a flea infested area, it’s not the country though. I have one dog and three cats and this is what I do to keep fleas at bay…

-Throw a few handfuls of cedar chips in my dog’s bed. This repels fleas from laying their eggs in the cloth layers and it’s safer than mothballs. I must replace this once every 2 or 3 months.
      -I throw borax down on my carpets, wait for 20 minutes and vacuum like I’ve never vacuumed before.

<< I do this at least once a week. Borax is safe enough for pets to put down and let sit for long periods of time, just as long as you vacuum it up every once in a while. Also borax needs to be out of the way of your pet (e.g. under your couch cushions and under your coffee table so that your pet can’t ingest it, just in case he/she ever gets curious.
      -I too use the night light/soap dish trick.
      -I throw a few moth balls in my vacuum bag before I use it. This kills what ever fleas and larva that I vacuum up.
      -I increase the number of times I wash my dog during the summer months.
      -I double the time I would normally brush my dog until the fleas die down.
      -add lavender or cedar sashays to areas in the house that are “hot spots” for your pets. (e.g.

sleeping and eating areas.)

:smt060

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Pet Care Fleas- On the animals- in the house- etc