- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated August 9, 2013 at 12:47 am by .
- November 5, 2011 at 4:53 am #300070
2 quart chopped figs, about 5 lbs
6 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
To prepare chopped figs, cover figs with boiling water. Let stand 10
minutes. Drain, stem and chop figs.
Combine figs, sugar, and 3/4 c.
water in a large sauce pot. Bring slowly
to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cook rapidly until thick.
frequently to prevent sticking. Add lemon juice and cook 1 minute longer.
Pour hot into hot jars, leaving 1/4″ head space. Adjust caps.
minutes in boiling water bath.
Yield: About 5 pints
- June 24, 2013 at 10:34 pm #440176
Yum, we planted fig trees a few years ago, but they haven;t really taken off very well. I’d love to get enough figs to make this jam this year! 🙂 It sounds delicious.
- August 9, 2013 at 12:47 am #441710
Sadly all 4 jars I got were gone in a month and half…dang on PB&J sandwich eating fools in my house.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.