Budget101 Discussion List Archives Household Recipes Fels Naptha – What is it, where to buy it

This topic contains 20 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by mos March 15, 2019 at 11:24 pm.

• Author

Liss
    Keymaster

Hi Everyone,
    Does anyone know what is in Fels Naptha? I have always used a ph
    balanced, environmentally correct laundry detergent and now have used
    the powdered version of the laundry recipe and seem to like it, but
    wondered if any of the ingredients are harsh at all? There are no
    ingredients on the label of Fels Naptha that I understand – like
    cleaning agents …

what are they?
    I know from past experience that many brands on the shelves today
    have fillers in them which cause the skin to be irritated. Any input
    would be appreciated. And I really don’t want any products that may
    be caustic.
    Thanks and enjoy the posts!
    Judy
    Date: Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:00 am
    Subject: Fels Naptha

@saving Moola 1163 wrote:

I buy mine online at Amazon.com

> I’ve been looking for this with no luck so far. I did find a bar soap,
    > however, at Wal-Mart in the laundry soap section and it was called ? I
    > think it was “Zote” and it was 66 cents for a large bar.

The pictures
    > on the back indicated that it could be used for laundry. Anyone know if
    > this would be comparable to fels naptha?

?…? __/ /____ ____
    ,??? o`?,/__/ _/_ //____/
    “`)?(???

| | | | | | | || |l???? |

Good evening,
    Many years ago I had purchased Fels-Naptha from soapsgoneby’s website for my grandmother and she had been searching for it for many years and none of our retailers locally in MInnesota carried it at the time. Shortly after I had it shipped to her, I made recommendation to the grocery manager of both our local grocery stores and voila – it suddenly appeared on our store shelves. I have tried to access the old website several time since to locate other products I used to use but their website doesn’t seem to be active anymore.

Do you happen to have any other contact info on them. Granny has since passed away and so I do not even have access to the paperwork she received with her shipment years ago. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. Have a magical remainder of your week. Jim

Liss
    Keymaster

@aaamassagempls 1110271 wrote:

Do you happen to have any other contact info on them. Granny has since passed away and so I do not even have access to the paperwork she received with her shipment years ago. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. Have a magical remainder of your week. Jim

It’s actually a lot easier just to order it directly from Amazon if you can’t find in the laundry aisle of your local walmart or Target.

https://amzn.to/2O36PzC

mos
    Participant

Hey Everyone! I use Fels Naptha bar soap, grind it up in my food processor, and add all of the other ingredients to make detergent. I find it at my local food store — Food Lion.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Household Recipes Fels Naptha – What is it, where to buy it