- March 8, 2007 at 6:41 pm #238246LissKeymaster
Fresh Orange Cream Parfaits
4 lb juice oranges (about 12)
1 Tbsp plus 1/4 tsp unflavored gelatin, from 2 envelopes
1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
1. Have ready an 8-in. square baking pan and six 8-oz stemmed glasses.
2. Grate 4 tsp orange zest. Wrap 1 tsp; set aside.
3. Juice the oranges (you should have 3 cups). Pour 1/2 cup into a
small saucepan, sprinkle in gelatin; let stand 2 minutes.
Stir with a
heatproof rubber spatula over low heat until steaming and gelatin
4. Pour into remaining juice. Stir in 3 Tbsp sugar until dissolved.
Stir in 3 tsp zest. Pour into pan; refrigerate 2 hours, or until firm.
Up to 4 hours before serving: Whip cream with 2 Tbsp sugar until
soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Stir in reserved zest. Cut
gelatin into 1-in. squares.
Using a spatula, place half the squares
in the glasses and top them with half the cream. Repeat layers. If
desired, garnish with orange slices.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.