- May 13, 2013 at 12:47 am #318354bethaliz6894Participant
* 1/3 cup, plus 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
* 2 chicken breasts (about a pound)
* 5 oz baby spinach
* 1 cup fresh basil leaves
* 1/4 cup pistachios
* 4 cloves garlic
* 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
* 1 pound farfalle (bow tie) pasta
* 1/3 cup milk (less or more depending on how it looks!)
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat 2 Tbs. of the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place in the pan. Cover with the lid and sear for 6 minutes on one side. Flip and sear 5 to 6 more minutes, or until cooked through.
Remove the chicken from the pan and tent to rest. After a few minutes, chop the chicken into bite-sized chunks.
In a food processor, place the spinach, basil, pistachios, garlic and cheese. With the motor running, add the remaining 1/3 cup of oil in a steady stream. If you need a little more for the consistency you like, ger fer ert.
Season with salt and pepper and give another blitz.
In the meantime, boil the pasta until al dente. Drain all but about 1/4th cup pasta water and return the pasta to the pot.
To the pasta, add the pesto, chicken, and milk. Toss to combine it all.
Give another pinch of salt and pepper if needed!
Serve with more grated parmesan and a freaking mountain of garlic bread.
(I think I am going to cheat and buy a jar of pesto.)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.