Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes EZ Crock Pot Applebutter

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

EZ Crock Pot Applebutter

4 lbs Apples, your choice, peeled, cored and sliced.
      2 tsp. Cinnamon
      1/2 tsp. Ground Cloves.

Put apples in your crock pot, cover and cook on high 3 hours.

Reduce heat to low and cook 8 hours more. Apples should be a nice brown and cooked down by about half.

Stir in cinnamon and cloves.

Remove lid and return heat to high for 2-3 hours, stir until smooth.

Pour into freezer containers and freeze or process in sterilized jars.

Makes 2 pints.

BUMP98.gif This one sounds delish, I’m going apple picking today and spent this morning looking for yummy recipes to make with all the bounty. Thanks!

Definitely going to have to try this. My husband and I are big apple butter eaters.

made this over the weekend –super easy, super tasty! My first try and will do it again. Cant believe how easy it was.

In the store it cost 8$ a jar and my cost for the entire batch was under that. I did use a little less sugar and a little more juice. I did use apple pie spice as well.

my question is why are the spices added later in the cooking process?cloud9 smilie

This is just what I have been looking for. I am a diabetic, but I love apple butter and since this has no added sugar it will work great for me.

I just made apple butter the “old fashioned” way. It was super good but this sounds much easier. Will try next time.

@Savin’ Moola 3004 wrote:

EZ Crock Pot Applebutter

4 lbs Apples, your choice, peeled, cored and sliced.
      2 tsp. Cinnamon
      1/2 tsp. Ground Cloves.

Put apples in your crock pot, cover and cook on high 3 hours.

Reduce heat to low and cook 8 hours more. Apples should be a nice brown and cooked down by about half.

Stir in cinnamon and cloves.

Remove lid and return heat to high for 2-3 hours, stir until smooth.

Pour into freezer containers and freeze or process in sterilized jars.

Makes 2 pints.

We had a bumper crop of Asian pears this year so I’m trying this recipe today! Gotta love the crock pot 😉

The little ones love applebutter! It’ll be great to be able make my own healthier version from fresh, organic apples. Thanks!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes EZ Crock Pot Applebutter