- February 8, 2009 at 1:48 am #270409
found at Allrecipes
I just tried this, very flavorfull
DD-sticks to healthy foods-wouldn’t eat the pizza
DH-not much of a pizza eater-said it was OK
DS-didn’t like it-said it overpowered the other ingredients
Me-loved it, will make it again and also use it as a dip for bread sticks and mozzarella sticks.(Next time will reduce the honey and the pepper just a little)
1 6oz can tomato paste
6 fluid oz of warm water(110 degrees)
3 T grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp minced garlic
2 T honey
1 tsp anchovie paste (optional)
3/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried marjoram
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp dried red pepper flakes
salt to taste
1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, mix well, breaking up any clumps of cheese.
2. Sauce should sit for 30 min to blend flavors, spread over pizza dough and prepare as desired.
It didn’t say anything about heating the sauce, but I simmered it for awhile, made it a little thicker and figured that would help the flavors blend as well.
- February 8, 2009 at 2:06 am #414211
Sounds good. Thank you for the post.
- February 8, 2009 at 5:37 pm #414296
You’re welcome Janice, better than the bottled sauce and cheaper too.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.