- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated September 17, 2009 at 2:24 am by .
- September 17, 2009 at 2:24 am #276481
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cups chopped onion (2 small onions)
– 2 bay leaves
– 6 cups diced eggplant
– 2 bell peppers, any color, diced
– 1 pound mushrooms
– 2 teaspoons salt
– 2 teaspoons dried basil or 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil
– 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
– 4 medium sized tomatoes, chopped – peeling is optional
black pepper to taste
– 8 cloves medium sized garlic, minced
– 1 pound pasta – any shape
fresh grated parmesan cheese to garnish
Heat olive oil in a deep skillet.
Add onion and bay leaves.
Sauté over medium heat until onions are soft, approximately 8-10 minutes.
Add eggplant, peppers, mushrooms, salt and basil.
Cover and cook until the eggplant is tender, approximately 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add chicken or vegetable stock, tomatoes and black pepper.
Simmer 10-15 minutes uncovered until the liquid reduces.
Stir in the garlic during the last 5 minutes.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain pasta, toss with a little additional olive oil (1-2 tablespoons).
Place in a large serving bowl and ladle eggplant on top.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.