- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 20, 2010 at 4:19 pm by .
- December 20, 2010 at 4:19 pm #289638
This delicious vegetable spread is wonderful served on crackers or with crudites.
- 1 eggplant
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Prick eggplant in several places with a fork, place on a microwave-safe dish and microwave at full power, uncovered, until soft and collapsed, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Arrange walnut pieces on another microwave-safe dish and cook uncovered, until fragrant and toasted, about 2 1/2 minutes. Chop fine. Scrape out the eggplant flesh and coarsely chop. In a large bowl, combine eggplant, walnuts, onion, parsley, chile, garlic, salt and pepper. Slowly beat in the oil and lemon juice. Adjust seasonings if necessary. Cover loosely and let stand at room temperature for several hours to let the flavors meld.
Makes 12 servings.
From “The New Basics Cookbook” by Julee Rosso and Sheila Lukins
Per serving: 67 calories (percent of calories from fat, 71), 2 grams protein, 4 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, 5 grams fat, no cholesterol, 99 milligrams sodium.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.