- This topic has 2 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated December 22, 2019 at 8:54 am by .
- December 13, 2014 at 2:24 pm #350029burkett
Christmas is the perfect time to enjoy Eggnog Ice Cream!
eggnog ice cream is easy to make and it’s a favorite in our house with pie during the holidays.
Whip 1/2 cup of the cream until it forms stiff peaks, adding the nutmeg sugar gradually as it whips. The sugar should be completely incorporated and the cream should not smooth, not gritty feeling.
- 1 1/2-2 cups Eggnog
- 2 cup Heavy Cream
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or flavoring of your choice)
- 1/2 c.Sugar add in 1/4 tsp nutmeg (then mix well before adding to cream)
Mix into the milk and remaining cream, add the vanilla extract & salt. Pour into Ice Cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers’ directions.
I don’t have an ice-cream maker, per say. I just mix mine in my kitchenaid mixer ice cream bowl. Just the freeze the bowl overnight. In the mixer, beat 1/2 c of the heavy cream, incorporated the sugar/nutmeg mixture until it forms stiff peaks. Remove the mixing bowl and seat the ice cream attachment bowl. Add the ice cream attachments and turn the mixer on then pour in half of the eggnog, all of the whipped cream and the remaining heavy cream and eggnog. Then add the vanilla extract. Process until it’s ready
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- December 11, 2015 at 12:30 pm #462559FreebieQueenwe’re looking forward to making this one this year, my other half adores eggnog, but this is one treat I’ve never thought to make. So easy, thank you!
- December 12, 2015 at 2:04 am #462528AndreaGwyn
Sounds tasty, I think I will be looking for a non-ice-cream maker version.
- December 22, 2019 at 8:54 am #579683Liss
No Churn Version- in order to make a decent no churn ice cream, you have to have a higher sugar content and whip the cream first.1 3/4 c. heavy cream
1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. eggnog
1 tbsp. ground nutmeg
optional, add 2 tbs of Rum or Bourbon
In a large bowl mix the sweetened condensed milk, eggnog, bourbon or rum (optional) and nutmeg until smooth.
Whip the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks, transfer half of the whipped cream into the eggnog mixture and fold until combined. Add the remaining whipped cream. Try to not overmix, whipping the cream is what adds the volume and the texture of the ice cream.Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan, cover and freeze overnight.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.