- October 13, 2008 at 8:10 pm #264563
This is another “Hershey’s” Recipe
1 package (18 oz.) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 can (16 oz.) vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
Assorted food color
Decorations, such as: rolo caramels in milk chocolate, hershey’s kisses brand milk chocolates, small (1-1/2 inch) york peppermint patties, kit kat crisp wafers in chocolate, reese’s pieces candies, twizzlers pull-n-peel candy
1. Heat oven to 350Â°F. Grease cookie sheet.
2. Combine cookie dough and flour until mixture holds together. Roll dough into 1/4-inch thick rectangle on lightly floured work surface..
3. Draw two 7 to 8 inches high Halloween shapes (pumpkin, ghost, witch, etc.) on cardboard; cut out. Cover them with clear plastic wrap.
Place over dough; trace around cardboard pattern with knife. Cut completely through dough. Place shapes on prepared cookie sheet.
Using a straw, make one 1/4-inch wide hole in each side of “mask” where ear would be.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; carefully remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
5. Divide frosting and tint with food color; frost cookies. Using your imagination, decorate cookies with assorted candies.
Separate pull-n-peel candy into strands; tie 1 strand into each hole to resemble strings on a mask. 2 cookies.
- October 13, 2008 at 8:44 pm #400423
Sounds yummy! Happy Halloween!
- October 13, 2008 at 10:36 pm #400442
sounds fun if you dont eat everything before finishing them LOL
- October 14, 2008 at 11:30 am #400490
Was just thinking the same thing! How do you keep from eating the candy while it is baking 🙂
This looks so fun!
- October 14, 2008 at 11:38 am #400491
My suggestion: buy two or three times the amount of candy you need! That’s the only way I could do it! 🙂
- October 14, 2008 at 11:42 am #400495
Do that and I will have to ask Santa to send me clothes a few sizes larger 🙂 Oh well up those exercises then it wont happen 🙂
- October 14, 2008 at 11:45 am #400500
I will gain 15 pounds making this….I may have to munch on some carrots….love this too…thanks!!!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.