Holidays & Special Occasions Halloween Easy to make skeleton bones

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

4 large egg whites
      2 cups icing sugar
      Preheat oven to 250F. In a large bowl beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually start adding the sugar, one tablespoon at a time.
      Keep beating and adding sugar until you have a meringue.

Line baking trays with paper. Using a piping bag with a plain nozzle pipe a straight meringue bone line (approximately 4 inches long). Pipe a meringue ball at the end of each bone.

If necessary shape bones further using a small knife. Bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes or until bones have dried out.
      Remove from oven and let cool on paper.

😮

hey Lynn, what do these taste like? Will little kids like them

Hey…they taste sorta like marshmallows……my kids love them and they are easy to make….good luck!!!

I wonder if you can add food coloring to these for extra fun ??? Do you think it will still turn out right ???

hey incheck4real, I have seen a couple of recipes for other types made like this with food coloring so it should be fine. Hope this helps some

incheck if you try it with the food color let us know how it goes 🙂

The food coloring idea is great….I never thought of that…thanks for the idea!!

This sounds like something fun to make. I like marshmallows too. I’m also going to try different shapes when I do this one.

I bet you could use grey food tint and shape them like brains, also. Fun!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Holidays & Special Occasions Halloween Easy to make skeleton bones