- October 7, 2008 at 1:35 pm #264086
4 large egg whites
2 cups icing sugar
Preheat oven to 250F. In a large bowl beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually start adding the sugar, one tablespoon at a time.
Keep beating and adding sugar until you have a meringue.
Line baking trays with paper. Using a piping bag with a plain nozzle pipe a straight meringue bone line (approximately 4 inches long). Pipe a meringue ball at the end of each bone.
If necessary shape bones further using a small knife. Bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes or until bones have dried out.
Remove from oven and let cool on paper.
- October 29, 2008 at 4:43 pm #401966
hey Lynn, what do these taste like? Will little kids like them
- October 29, 2008 at 5:14 pm #401968
Hey…they taste sorta like marshmallows……my kids love them and they are easy to make….good luck!!!
- October 29, 2008 at 6:58 pm #401981
I wonder if you can add food coloring to these for extra fun ??? Do you think it will still turn out right ???
- October 29, 2008 at 8:11 pm #402015
hey incheck4real, I have seen a couple of recipes for other types made like this with food coloring so it should be fine. Hope this helps some
- October 29, 2008 at 8:37 pm #402021
incheck if you try it with the food color let us know how it goes 🙂
- October 29, 2008 at 10:03 pm #402037
The food coloring idea is great….I never thought of that…thanks for the idea!!
- October 30, 2008 at 12:05 am #402045
This sounds like something fun to make. I like marshmallows too. I’m also going to try different shapes when I do this one.
- October 16, 2012 at 3:43 pm #433950
I bet you could use grey food tint and shape them like brains, also. Fun!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.