- January 8, 2009 at 7:12 pm #269042
Makes 8 (1-cup) servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on high
1 tablespoon McCormick® Mixed Pickling Spice
2 pounds beef stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1 to 1 1/2-inch cubes
1 medium onion, cut into medium wedges
4 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
1 teaspoon McCormick® Rosemary Leaves, crushed
1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup dry red wine
1 tablespoon flour
8 slices day-old Italian bread, toasted
1. Place the pickling spice in the center of a piece of cheesecloth or coffee filter. Tie tightly with a long piece of string.
2. Place beef cubes, onion, carrot, crushed rosemary, garlic powder and bouillon cubes to slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes and wine.
Add pickling spice bundle; cover.
3. Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. Remove pickling spice bundle.
4. Thicken stew by mixing flour with 1 tablespoon water in medium bowl until smooth. Stir in several tablespoons hot liquid from stew, then stir flour mixture into stew.
Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until stew thickens slightly. To serve, place 1 slice bread in each bowl. Spoon stew over bread.
IMPORTANT: For best results, do not remove cover during cooking
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.