- This topic is empty.
- June 18, 2021 at 3:29 pm #598546
This easy pressure cooker bbq chicken recipe is my go to recipe during the hectic weeknights after work. I like to serve it with pasta or potato salad and corn on the cob, if it’s in season.
Easy Pressure Cooker Barbecue Chicken
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce, divided
1/4 cup water
- Season both sides of the chicken with the salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Place the chicken in the pressure cooker.
- Pour the water into the pressure cooker.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce over the chicken.
- Pressure cook on high for 8-10 minutes for fresh chicken breast, or 10-12 minutes for frozen chicken (depending on the thickness of the breasts).
- Allow about 5 minutes after cooking for the pressure to naturally release before manually releasing the rest.
- Remove the chicken from the pot to drain off excess liquid.
- Replace the pot and change the setting to saute.
- Return the chicken to the pot and cover with the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Allow to cook for about 3 minutes to crisp up the bottom of the chicken.
If your pressure cooker doesn’t have a saute option, you can put the chicken on a cookie sheet under the broiler for a couple minutes to caramelize the bbq sauce on top. We’ve also done it in our air fryer loosely wrapped in foil with great success!
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.