- February 18, 2012 at 7:03 pm #303601
Easy one skillet nacho dinner
1 lb ground meat-(can use ANY ground meat-deer, beef, chicken, or turkey)1. In a large, heavy bottomed skillet, brown ground meat and diced onion; drain and rinse.
1 can kidney or black beans-well rinsed
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 can Mexi corn-drained
1 tsp chili powder
2 cups tortilla chips
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese-or type of choice
2 green onions-sliced
1/2 cups sliced black olives *OPTIONAL*
1/2 tsp dried cilantro *OPTIONAL*
2. Add in beans, tomatoes, corn, and chili powder.
Simmer 15 minutes.
3. Sprinkle tortilla chips evenly over mixture. Top with cheese, olives, cilantro, and green onions.
Cover; simmer 2-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.*Can substitute Rotel for diced tomatoes if wanting this to be a bit spicier.*
- February 28, 2012 at 2:05 am #431550
This sounds really yummy. I think it would be good to serve over hot cabbage or cauliflower without corn chips to make it an atkins approved meal!
- March 2, 2012 at 7:19 pm #431568
I agree, but if you want to lower the carbs even more, leave out the corn and substitute something more appropriate. 🙂
Thanks for the ideas…the hot cabbage sounds like something I may have to try.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.