- February 18, 2012 at 7:03 pm #303601
Easy one skillet nacho dinner
1 lb ground meat-(can use ANY ground meat-deer, beef, chicken, or turkey)
1 can kidney or black beans-well rinsed
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 can Mexi corn-drained
1 tsp chili powder
2 cups tortilla chips
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese-or type of choice
2 green onions-sliced
1/2 cups sliced black olives *OPTIONAL*
1/2 tsp dried cilantro *OPTIONAL*
1. In a large, heavy bottomed skillet, brown ground meat and diced onion; drain and rinse.
2. Add in beans, tomatoes, corn, and chili powder.
Simmer 15 minutes.
3. Sprinkle tortilla chips evenly over mixture. Top with cheese, olives, cilantro, and green onions.
Cover; simmer 2-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
*Can substitute Rotel for diced tomatoes if wanting this to be a bit spicier.*
- February 28, 2012 at 2:05 am #431550
This sounds really yummy. I think it would be good to serve over hot cabbage or cauliflower without corn chips to make it an atkins approved meal!
- March 2, 2012 at 7:19 pm #431568
I agree, but if you want to lower the carbs even more, leave out the corn and substitute something more appropriate. 🙂
Thanks for the ideas…the hot cabbage sounds like something I may have to try.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.