- January 8, 2009 at 10:35 pm #269062
Here’s a quick and easy way to enjoy homemade root beer almost instantly. If you crave the old-fashioned version, made with yeast and fermented a few days, use the recipe for Homemade Root Beer .
Makes 6 (1-cup) servings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Refrigerate: 2 hours
1 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Root Beer Concentrate
1 bottle (1 liter) cold soda water, seltzer or club soda
1. Bring water to boil in medium saucepan. Add sugar; stir until dissolved.
Add Root Beer Concentrate; stir until well mixed.
2. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Slowly pour soda into root beer mixture until well blended and serve.
Root Beer Floats: Place scoops of ice cream in tall glasses. Slowly pour Easy Homemade Root Beer over ice cream and serve.
- January 9, 2009 at 1:01 am #408892
Wonder if I could make this using Splenda to make it sugar free?? My DH is diabetic and I’m allergic to aspertian so we make most desserts with fruit concentrate and or splenda.
- January 9, 2009 at 1:11 am #408896
It would be worth a try! Imagine! If it works, your hubbie could have root beer & not have to worry about the sugar!
🙂 Although, you’d want to check the root beer concentrate. It may be packed with sugar too.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.