Budget101 Discussion List Archives Laundry~Detergents~More Easy Homemade Laundry Detergent

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Charmers7 December 21, 2016 at 1:31 pm.

• Author

while searching for a homemade laundry soap, i actually found one that i like. Its only around 30.00 to make and it last a long time, depending on how much laundry you do and how many are at home.
    You will need:
    3 bars fels naptha soap- grate them up
    1 box borax bleach(76 oz)
    1 box washing soda (55 oz) I use arm n hammer washing soda
    2 (55 oz) containers of oxy clean. I get mine at the dollar store or dollar tree
    1-2 containers of softner crystals.

I use purex crystals fresh linnen scent but you can choose what ever you like

Now the directions say to put this all in a trash bag and mix..but my bag always gets a hole in it. So i get what ever type of container i am storing it in and put all ingredients in there and mix. Just make sure you leave enough room for all the stuff to move and mix up.

It also says use 2 table spoons of the mixture in each load..I figured it out and the little scooper in the oxyclean is about the same amount, so i use it to scoop out the laundry detergent. I love this stuff because it works real well and i have 7 people living in my house and we have alot of laundry. this laundry detergent usually last me about 7 or 8 months depending on how much laundry i have..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Laundry~Detergents~More Easy Homemade Laundry Detergent