- This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated November 26, 2008 at 9:56 am by .
- November 22, 2008 at 12:02 pm #266971jaime
For the cheese balls:
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, room temp.
2 Tbs. milk
2 Tbs. onion, finely chopped
For the outside coating use any of the following or add your own:)
craced black pepper with crumbled cheese (blue is nice, about 1/2 c.)
minced parsley and garlic powder (about 1/4 tsp)
finely chopped pecans or walnuts
In a bowl, beat cheeses, milk, onion and worcestershire sauce until fluffy. Divide into thirds (1 cup, each). Shape into ball and roll in outside coating of your choice.
Cover and refrigerate till slightly firm. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers.
Makes 3 cheese balls.
- November 22, 2008 at 12:08 pm #404311DohDohBird
Would cracker crumbs make a good coating? I know slivered almonds are used often but what else might I use?
- November 23, 2008 at 12:06 pm #404346jaime
I think cracker crumbs would work fine…pretzel crumbs too 🙂
- November 24, 2008 at 5:47 pm #404456faxonfive
THe cheddar cheese fried onions sounds like it would work too
- November 25, 2008 at 9:59 am #404086jaime
I agree Lynn! I just love the new ideas! Keep them coming
- November 25, 2008 at 12:47 pm #404557JoAnn
Jaime, I believe my family would really enjoy this cheese ball. Cheddar cheese DH really likes his cheeses.
- November 26, 2008 at 9:56 am #404603jaime
Thanks, JoAnn, I love that it makes 3 and you can keep it in the frig for when holiday company drops by. Hope DH likes it…mine loves cheese too 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.