- July 31, 2008 at 4:20 pm #260925
Here is the recipe for the Cookies in a Jar. Hope this helps:
Dreamsicle Cookies In a Jar
Makes about 30
1/2 cup powdered orange flavored drink mix, such as Tang
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups vanilla baking chips
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Combine the flour with the baking soda and baking powder. Layer the
ingredients in a clean glass wide mouth quart sized jar, starting
with the Tang, then sugar, vanilla chips and ending with the flour
mixture. Press each layer firmly in place before adding the next
ingredient. Attach a recipe card with the following instructions to
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Empty contents into a large mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup softened
butter, 1 egg slightly beaten and teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix until
3. Roll heaping tablespoonfuls into balls. Place 2 inches apart on a
lightly greased baking sheet.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 12 to 14 minutes or
until tops are very lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes on the sheet
then remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 2-1/2 dozen
— In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, “Debbie”
> I was given two large bags of orange drink mix (think tang) and no
> likes it. What are some things I can do with it to use it up? I
> to just throw it away. The only thing I can think is to make
> (sp?) from it.
> Debbie P.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.