- This topic is empty.
- March 11, 2021 at 8:45 am #596814mos
Double Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
6 tbs butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
20-oz can pineapple slices, drained
1 jar maraschino cherries
1/3 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil — melted and cooled or butter works
20-oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 box yellow cake mix for a 2-layer cake
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Serve the Double Pineapple Upside-Down Cake warm or room temperature topped with whipped cream. Serves 24
- Melt 3 tbs in 2-round cake pans or all 6 tbs of butter in a 9 x 13 pan in the oven.
- Remove the pan(s) from the oven and sprinkle the bottom(s) with brown sugar. Use a spoon to evenly spread it.
- Decoratively arrange the pineapple slices on top of the brown sugar. Fill in the spaces with the maraschino cherries.
- In a bowl, break the eggs. Add the chosen oil or butter and crushed pineapple. Stir them together.
- Pour the cake mix on top of the wet ingredients. Mix for at least 2 min. Don’t worry if the crushed pineapple becomes even finer.
- Carefully, pour the batter into the prepared pan(s).
- Bake the cake(s) for about 40 min or until done.
- Remove them from the oven. Very carefully invert the cake(s) onto a serving platter or plate.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.