- February 24, 2009 at 2:35 am #270972
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
11/4 cups packed brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup M&M’s mini baking bits
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 13 x 9-in.
baking pan with foil, letting ends extend about 2 in. above pan. Lightly coat with nonstick spray.
2. Filling: Microwave milk and chocolate in a 1-qt glass measure on high until steaming hot. Let stand 1 minute.
Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is well blended and thickened. Stir in vanilla.
3. Put next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with mixer until fluffy. Add flour; beat just until blended.
Stir in oats (mixture will be crumbly). Press 2/3 firmly over bottom of pan. Spread evenly with chocolate mixture, then sprinkle with remaining oat mixture and the M&M’s.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned on top. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Lift foil by ends to cutting board. Cut into 48 bars.
Planning Tip: Store airtight with wax paper between layers at room temperature up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.