Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

would like to try the MYO dormant oil spray, need advice on where to purchase fish oil, tried health food store but they only have it in capsul form. recipe calls for 1/2 cup. any ideas would be appreciated

You could try Home Depot or Lowes. I have seen it in those stores. Depends on the area.

Be sure to ask in the garden deptment. Good Luck.

Thank you Margaret, I’ll try that. Hope I can find it. all my azaleas have lace bugs I’ve been spraying Vicks slick dormant oil but it’s just so expensive for the amount I need.

Thought I would price the stuff to MYO I found on this site.

Here’s the dormant Oil mix I use.:

1 gallon mineral oil
      1 pound oil-based soap
      1/2 gallon water

Combine all ingredients, boil, and mix very well. Dilute 1:20 with water and use immediately because the ingredients separate quickly.

Spray on a day when the temperature is above 40 degrees and you are not expecting a freeze for at least 24 hours. Drench the branches of your shrubs and trees thoroughly – it’s impossible to overdo it.

do not use this mixture on citrus trees!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

so glad to get another MYO recipe , the only oil based soap I know is my liquid Murphys Oil soap. Since you said pound I’m assuming the oil based soap is not a liquid. Could I get the brand you use and where to find it???

I use Murphy’s Oil Soap too! I just weigh it to get 1 pound. I could weigh and measure it later this week if you don’t have a scale to weigh it out so you know how much to use!

Just let me know.

Thank you, that would be much appreciated, I only have the bathroom scale and not sure how accurate it would be for weighing just 1 pound. Thank you so much for your help.

Ok, I had a little time just now and measured out 1 pound of Murphy Oil Soap and it is 1 1/2 cups.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.