Donut Ice Cream Cones

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc Donut Ice Cream Cones

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

OMG, it’s 2 of my favorite things combined into AMAZEBALLS!

for the cone molds:

4 waffle cones
      foil

Wrap the cones in foil completely to create a mold for the donut dough.

Cinnamon sugar coating:

1 large egg
      1 tsp water
      2 tsp cinnamon
      1/2 cup granulated white sugar

Cone Dough:
      2 1/4 tsp active yeast
      2 T. Lukewarm Water (105F-110F)
      3/4 c. Warm Milk (105-110F)
      2 1/2 T.

Melted Butter
      1 egg
      1/3 c. Granulated Sugar
      1 tsp salt
      2 3/4 C. Flour
      1 tsp Vanilla

Mix yeast in 1 c. of the flour, add sugar. Combine water, milk, melted butter, and egg in the mixer, add the flour/yeast/sugar mixture blending well (about 3 minutes).

Add vanilla, salt and remaining flour. The dough should be quite soft, but not sticky.

Cover the dough and let rise until double. (I generally use the **moist oven method for faster results.) Dough has risen enough when an indentation remains when you poke it.

On a heavily floured surface, roll dough out 1/2″ thick and cut out strips of dough. Wrap the strips around the foiled waffle cones, creating a waffle donut. Place them on a cookie sheet lined with foil.

(Use the rim of the cone face down to avoid a flat side!)

Let the donuts rise/set for 15 minutes.

In a small bowl, whisk 1 egg and 1 tsp water to make egg wash. Pour cinnamon and sugar into a separate bowl and whisk together briefly. Then pour cinnamon sugar into a pan wide enough so that you can roll your cones in.

Brush each of your cones with the egg wash. Then, roll them in the cinnamon sugar mix a few times until the cones are evenly coated. Carefully place them back, standing up, on the baking sheet.

Carefully place your baking sheet into the bottom third of your oven. Make sure you don’t place them too close to the top of the oven. You want the tops of the cones to be a few inches away from the top of the oven so that the tips don’t burn while baking.

Bake for about 15-20 minutes until they are a puffy, look fully cooked and are a dark golden brown.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

OMG, Those look amazing! YUM!!

I want them and I want them now! lol!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Mixes~MYO~Copycat~Etc Donut Ice Cream Cones