Does anyone here have a child that has seizures often?

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Does anyone here have a child that has seizures often?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

She does need to get some books on seizures when she can. Right now money tight and a trip to the library with her kids is like torture. They run around and she can’t look at anything.

So far her son doesn’t seem to know when he will get hit with one. They try to talk to him. The dr said his learning and understanding can be behind the normal with such an abnormal brain pattern.

We have no idea what to expect. He is just getting potty trained now after turning 3 in March. He is still in the younger age group at daycare and not yet with the kids his age.

He must be potty trained and act their age. I feel so bad for my daughter, she sure goes through so much. Her oldest boy is 6 now and was born with a heart condition.

A hole on top that didn’t close. He had a mini stroke at age 3 but came out of it okay and the hole miraculously closed. Now he is doing good.

Her daughter is only 1in March and finally walking and has to see a nutritionalist since she will not eat. They think its some texture issue. She sure has her hands full.

We are praying her daughter doesn’t have seizures. The both take after their dads side of the family with issues. Luckily the day care knows to watch him and call her if he has as seizure and call 911 if they are bad.

As long as she comes to pick him up when he has one they are okay with it. They deal with autistic children that are very badly behavioral so my grandson is a walk in the park next to them, lol.

i feel she is okay with the daycare thank goodness.

Debbie

Original Message
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 9:49 AM
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Does anyone here have a child that has seizures often?

First, yes, diet can affect seizures. She needs to get a first aid
      book and read about seizures. They can be quite frightening to see,
      but are not life-threatening in most instances.

I assume her son is
      in day care. She needs to make sure that whoever is taking care of
      her child while she works understands seizures, too. She also needs
      to sit down and talk to her son, and kids are a lot smarter than many
      people recognize.

She needs to ask him if he can tell when he is
      about to have one. If so, she needs to see if he is willing to sit
      down and just close his eyes and relax before it hits. If nothing
      else, this will make him less likely to be injured from a
      fall.

That’s the big problem, injuries from falls are the main
      problem with seizures. No, people do not swallow their tongues when
      they have seizures. One boy on the school bus I rode had seizures,
      and he had forgotten to take his medicine one morning and had a
      seizure on the bus.

She should also go to her employment’s human resources person, not
      just her supervisor, and discuss the matter with that
      person. Employers are human, and they may have some program for the
      employees in place that could help her out.

Ann in Arkansas

no virus found in this incoming message.
      checked by avg - https://www.avg.com version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.6.0/1601 - Release Date: 8/8/2008 9:02 am

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Does anyone here have a child that has seizures often?