Does anyone here have a child that has seizures often?

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Does anyone here have a child that has seizures often?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

she can’t do a leave as she has no money and wouldn’t get any pay. She works part time so no vacation pays or other. She is a single mom and gets no child support. She would try it if she got the Social security for her son but she has to appeal it. I did tell her to see about support groups.

Thanks. Debbie

Original Message
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 4:11 AM
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Does anyone here have a child that has seizures often?

My cousin has seizures from a bunk bed fall as a child. She has seizures ONLY when she eats a lot of fast food/processed boxed foods (Hamburger Helper). She has to eat mostly homemade foods and not ready to eat meals from stores. Diet has a LOT to do with most epileptics. My advice s to apply for Family Medical Leave Act & join support group for epileptics (look at hospitals in area).

HTH,
      Jacqui C. in NE Georgia

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Debbie <dbshelly@ptd.net> wrote:

My daughter asked me to find info. My daughters son is now 3 years old. At 2 1/2 she found himhaving a seizure and called the ambulance, the drchecked him out and were not sure the causeand made an appointment for her with a neurologist. He had another seizure and again rushed to the hospital. The dr put her son on medicine then. The neurologist got him in and did tests and found he has very abnormal brain waves on all parts of his brain and said he has epilepsy. Since then he has had seizures and had to have his meds increased and then another added. He was having a seizure just once a month or longer, now he has had 3 in the past week anda half that had to have him taken to the hospital. He has mild ones in between that he just stares and doesn’t respond for several minutes and he has them often in between the major ones. The neurologist told her yesterday that the amount of medicine he is on is too strong for a 3 year old child. They had to increase it after he had a major seizure last week. With that said. Why would he have them again twice in one day? Could the medicine be too strong? She applied for social security since she misses work when this happens. Now she missed several days in a pay period and she can’t afford it. She can’t afford the gas to run him to the drs. She now has to appeal and has more medical info to give them since she just got denied and suddenly he had 3 in a weeks time, 2 in one day. Not to mention the meds being to much for the boy. Has anyone had to deal with this? What was done for your child or what did you have to do? She is so frustrated and upset. Not to mentioned scared for her little boy. She is a single mom and gets no child support so she can’t afford to quit her job to stay home wiht her son. Her job has her on report for missing days so now has to make sure she has dr notes every single time to take in if she calls out or has to leave. That is the only thing to keep her from getting fired so far.She works 3 or 4 day a week and it costs her $10 a day to get to work and back. She doesn’t know what to do. If she got the Social security for her son then she would have some income to pay her bills if she missed to many days that of course are unpaid. She can’t go with no income.

She is hoping there is someone that has been through this that can give her some advice. Can diets effect anything? all the processed food kids eat, I wonder if that can be a contributing factor sometimes.

Any help she appreciates,
      Debbie

No virus found in this incoming message.
      Checked by AVG – https://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.6.2/1609 – Release Date: 8/13/2008 6:43 AM

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Does anyone here have a child that has seizures often?