Budget101 Discussion List Archives Kids / Children Do you give your kids an allowance?Do you give your kids an

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      BiggerPiggyBank
      Participant

Hi Ria, My kids are now 21,18, 17, As they were growing up I didn’t give them an allowance per say, as they were required to do basic chores as part of the family such as pick up their rooms ( not clean perfectly but at least straightened regularly), bathrooms and help in the kitchen at meal times. BUT I did always keep a list posted on the refrigerator of additional age appropriate chores (such as toilets, mop, vacuum, windows etc.) with amounts they would be “paid” when they were completed. So the amount of money they had each week depended on how hard they worked.

Even did it with other family members.

Even today my 18DD is doing extra work ( she cleaned the garage 2 wks ago and helped her grandfather with castrating calves ) to earn money to pay for a limo for her Military Ball this month as all her accessible money went to everything else such as dress, shoes, hair, nails etc..

As far as how they got to spend it I only asked them to give only their tithe (10%) and 1.00-5.00 to savings depending on their age (doesn’t sound like alot but to a 5-8 year old a dollar is alot of money especially if it is theirs……lol) After that they could spend it on anything they wanted.

HTH.

Takes care. Blessed Be, Helene

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Kids / Children Do you give your kids an allowance?Do you give your kids an