- This topic has 11 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated August 1, 2007 at 12:04 pm by .
- August 1, 2007 at 12:04 pm #241851
1. Do you give your kids an allowance?Yes, .25 per year of age per week. So a five year old would get $1.25 per week.
This is until they get a job, usually at 15.
2. If so, how much for what ages?
3. What expenses do you expect them to cover with the
allowance? As long as they get an allowance they must give 10% to church and 10% for savings.
The rest was, basically, spending money. They did have to use it for birthday and Christmas gifts for each other and friends.
4. Do you tie the allowance to additional
responsibilities? No but they always had the opportunity to work for extra money either around the house or in our family business.
5. Do you give your child an opportunity to earn
extra money? If so, how?
Washing cars, mowing our lawn or rental property lawns, cleaning out rental property, etc.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.