Free Stuff ~Coupons Galore ~ Hot Deals Chatter Do you get tons of Free Mags because of Budget101?

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Avatar for FreebieQueenFreebieQueen

Do you have a messload of subscriptions each month because of the free Magazines you’ve found on Budget101?

Here’s what I do with my Magazines…. Once I have read the magazine, I place a 2×4 Sticker over the Label (that contains my name/addy) and I drop them off at the following places:

Waiting rooms in:

• Car Dealerships– sportsman mags, field & stream, family magazines,etc
      • Doctor/Pediatricians Offices – family mags like good housekeeping, fitness, prevention, etc
      • Chiropractors Offices– family mags like good housekeeping, fitness, prevention, etc
      • Lawyers Offices – family mags, decor magazine, fashion magazines, etc.
      • Laundromats – any kind of magazine, children’s books
      • Nursing Homes/ Senior Centers – Gardening mags, Good Housekeeping, fashion, elle, martha stewart, etc
      • Salons– Fashion magazines, they often show off great haircuts!

I also do this when I come across children’s books or coloring books that I don’t need/want.

If you would like to help promote Budget101.com and would like 2×4 stickers with “Compliments of Member {your username here} , please let us know. (Please only request these if you really intend to use them, as they are rather expensive to print/send; supplies limited.

This is a great idea Liss. I also like taking them to the Senior Centers, hospitals, hair salon and fitness centers.

I usually just leave them to rot, but I like your ideas better, I get Nickelodeon magazine so if I dropped it off somewhere I’m sure some bored kid waiting for their parents to hurry up would love to read it.

I give my magazines to a local woman, who sends them to the troops in Afghanistan.

Liss, This is a wonderful idea. Recycle / Advertising. I take my magazines to my Chiropractor/Massage Therapist–the girls & other patients really enjoy them.

My niece will ask me if I have any magazines that she can take to the salon that she works at..My sister in law also takes books & magazines that the family doesn’t use any more, to the nursings home.

I’ve been afraid to order the free magazines figuring I would get stuck with a bill in the end and then have a hassle on my hands.

i take them to work at the nursing home for the seniors and their families to use and enjoy;

I live in an apartment complex, have started a magazine rack, I order all thinking SOMEONE will enjoy. After 1 month, Mike brings them to work!

I have only received a couple of bills (normally from the higher end magazines). Just write CANCEL on the bill, never any further issues.

I guess I could order some AD labels, probally save me some time from scratching off my personal info.

Hard to believe $1.75 per page (all shipping), why not format a label for others to use and print from home. Maybe set a limit (points, # of posts, date joined, ……..)

I have no problem putting a AD label over my personal info, I think it is a great idea. I love the site and try to tell everyone about it.

@Niddi 111651 wrote:

I’ve been afraid to order the free magazines figuring I would get stuck with a bill in the end and then have a hassle on my hands.

Niddi, I currently receive 19 free magazines (as you can see from my photos above) and I’ve only ever been billed 1x. Sometimes they will send a renewal notice which can look like a bill, but I always write “Cancel” across the front and send it back.

We have a “library” at the development where I live and it’s great. We have hard cover books, paperback books, magazines, puzzles and games that are all donated by residents. It’s a honor system and works great in the 5 years I’ve been here.

We have a retired librarian who volunteers her time to keep things in order when they get messed up.

@shauna 112474 wrote:

We have a “library” at the development where I live and it’s great. We have hard cover books, paperback books, magazines, puzzles and games that are all donated by residents. It’s a honor system and works great in the 5 years I’ve been here.

We have a retired librarian who volunteers her time to keep things in order when they get messed up.

That is a great idea, wish I lived in a complex that was big enough to do something like that (only 6 apartments ~ not much variety). I have been hearing alot news/articals because of the economy that people shoul/could have community/neighborhood outdoor/hand tools. Why buy your own when you will only use it 10% of the time, share with your neighbors (or even rent it out for a small charge).

I save the magazine and every few months or so break them out and have a vision board session with friends and others who could use one. If you have seen the movie “The Secret” then you know the concept. Basically look thru mags and cut out words and pictures of things you envision having in your life.

When you look at this board you think of those things and how are you going to acquire them in your subconsciousness. Go ahead and do yourself a favor and watch the movie.

@lokilove 112825 wrote:

If you have seen the movie “The Secret” then you know the concept. Go ahead and do yourself a favor and watch the movie.

I went and watched the trailer, but based on the movie reviews I couldn’t bring myself to spend the $5 to watch it online or the $45 to order it.

Here are the reviews, The Secret (2006) (V) – IMDb user comments Use caution, most of them are extremely venomous, passionate reviews Against the film.

I give a lot of my magazines to friends with small children. Once they are old enough for supervised scissor-time, they can make all sorts of themed artwork.

My son liked to make collages with the cut outs – one whole page filled with every boat picture that he could find.

We donate our magazine to our son’s school. The art department is always looking for magazine images for collages and such.

I beg them for swap my self. I rather trade what I have and get somthing new than have 6 subscriptions. Everytime I get a freebee they bill me befor I even get the freebee.

I find it to be a real turn off. Course ill tell you I really do love “Real Simple” and scrapbooking mags. I am currently interested in marry janes farm.

looks like it may be intresting. Our library keeps lots of magizine tittles. I keep thinking i need to go have a good look and see whats usefull to me.

I have a box full of old mags now but no time to drop off. Its a wonderfull idea though!!

I’ve received Fitness, More, Womans Day, Kraft Foods & Family, Good Housekeeping, Ready Made, Working Mother, and I’m sure there’s more lol it’s been fabulous….ty Budget 101….now if I could continue receiving them for free……… :041:

I get a ton of free subs, but I really don’t sign up unless I’m going to read them. Then I either recycle them or donate them to different places near me – two shelters and a nursing home (although they have a strict list of what they’ll accept). I simply snip off my name/addy with a pair of scissors.

I’ve been getting freebie magazines and subs from discount places for years and years. Most magazines WILL send a renewal notice because they do want you to renew with them directly. Honestly, I just shred them.

It’s not a bill. It’s giving the consumer the option to renew, that’s it. You can view your account status at most magazines, on the magazine website.

See when your sub started, when it expires etc

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Stuff ~Coupons Galore ~ Hot Deals Chatter Do you get tons of Free Mags because of Budget101?