- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated July 1, 2021 at 8:27 am by .
- January 12, 2016 at 9:51 pm #368446Pupaccino
Here is a very simple way to keep your dog from having a nervous breakdown during thunderstorm or firework displays!
This even helps dogs who are nervous when riding in the car or going to a vets office. It’s a very calming technique that helps them to stay relaxed and feel safe.All you need to apply this technique is a simple scarf or piece of fabric about 2 inches wide. You start wrapping at the chest, cross in the back at the withers, bring the ends underneath the chest, crossing them and back up & tie into place (just to the side of the spine).
You don’t want to put any pressure on the spine.
This is essentially a hug and is the next best thing to having your arms around your pet.
if you don’t feel like making one, you can actually buy them online, they’re called thunder wraps.
How to Make Your Own Thunder Wrap
photo Illustration by ©2013 lili chin
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- May 28, 2016 at 11:25 pm #463175BethieH
Please note that it says to tie to the side of the spine, do not tie directly over the spine.
- July 1, 2021 at 8:27 am #599093LissHere’s a little bit more information about how and why it works.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.