- This topic has 1 reply, 3 voices, and was last updated December 1, 2011 at 8:54 pm by .
- May 5, 2006 at 7:50 pm #236530
I have a beautiful old set of silver and loath cleaning them, and now that I
have swore off toxic cleaners I have to find alternatives to clean everything,
this is one for silver.
If you have a small job, the best silver polish is white tooth paste. Dab some
on your finger, and rub into the tarnish. For bigger pieces, use baking soda and
a clean, damp sponge.
Make a paste of baking soda and water. Scoop the paste
onto the sponge, and rub the paste into the silver. Rinse with hot water and
polish dry with a soft, clean cloth.
For badly tarnished silver, leave the
baking soda paste on the silver for an hour or so, before cleaning off with the
help of the sponge and hot water. >>>>>>
- December 10, 2010 at 1:08 am #429345
This will come in handy before the in-laws arrive for christmas.
- December 1, 2011 at 8:54 pm #430557
i could have used this for thanksgiving…..we had to use the nasty cleaner stuff….hate that stuff
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.