Holidays & Special Occasions Christmas-Yule-hanukkah-Kwanzaa-Winter Solstice DIY Corner Christmas Tree Village Stand

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by mos December 1, 2018 at 9:29 pm.

• Author

BigDodgeMan
    Participant

My wife saw this photo:

source: decoratemybar

and decided that she NEEDED to have one for our house. So here are the plans for an 8 foot tree

Materials
    2 sheets Plywood 3/4″ x 4’x8′
    2 sections of thin boards for shelf brackets 2″x2″x8
    4 angle brackets 2″x2″x4″
    drywall screws
    wood glue
    16qty 1″ Machine Screws (Phillips, 1/4″-20)
    5 packs of 15/16″ screw eyes
    Sandpaper
    Twist ties or zip ties (to attach garland)
    Felt pieces or pads to protect the floor (under the legs)

Step 1: Measure & Cut the board that equals the size of your stand
    step 2: notch out the bottom to run cords
    step 3: connect the tree together using the angle brackets and machine screws
    step 4: cut the shelf holders
    step 5: mark the stand where the shelf brackets will go, then glue and screw them on, leave a gap at each end for running cords and avoiding extending past the shelf
    step 6: cut the shelves out
    step 7: screw them into place
    step 8: add additional wood on the bottom to create feet for stability and apply felt pads to protect your floor.
    step 9: get the hell out of the way and let the wife decorate it the way she wants

mos
    Participant

BigDodgeMan…that is absolutely fabulous! I agree with your step 9…giggle… Now if I can get my old man to do something like this! Thanks so much for the detailed instructions (I think even he can read them! LOL!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Holidays & Special Occasions Christmas-Yule-hanukkah-Kwanzaa-Winter Solstice DIY Corner Christmas Tree Village Stand