- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated May 4, 2020 at 1:52 pm by .
- May 4, 2020 at 8:22 am #585078
So I’ve been looking for a way to organize my canned foods because they’re taking up too much space in my pantry and it’s too hard to find what I want.
This project uses 1×3 boards, screwed together with a piece of acrylic plastic on top to hold the cans in. on top of holding the cans, it makes it easy to see exactly what you have on hand too.
- 18″ x 24″ sheet of acrylic glass like this from Lowes or use 2 of these 12″x 18″ sheets from amazon
- 3 – 1″x3″@ 8 feet long
- 50 – 2″ self tapping wood screws
- 15 – 1-1/4″ wood screws for attaching acrylic glass to the front, make sure the back of the screw head is flat to avoid breaking the acrylic glass (can use Kreg Jig screws) – if using the acrylic glass
- Wood glue
Suitable for cans less than 5″ tall, 3″ diameter – Holds 32 standard sized cans
- May 4, 2020 at 1:52 pm #585116
I love the idea of this rack, but the plexiglass is entirely optional. The cans are held in place with the small edges. I don’t have as wide of an area in my pantry, I’m thinking of making a couple narrow ones for Tomatoes, which is about the only canned food Item that I have a ton of at any given time.
I’m kind of torn though, I saw this can rack on Amazon and I really like it. Each section holds 12-14 cans.
This rack can hold up to 54 soup-size cans or 45 regular-size cans. It has two can rotation levels. When the top row has finished rotating, the middle track will begin to rotate through. This is great if you are looking to add an organizer to your pantry or cabinet for organizing soup or vegetable cans. Btw, this is 2 separate units, attached together.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.