- June 2, 2008 at 2:01 pm #257906
Disappearing Act Ice-Cream Sandwiches: wrap and freeze. 30 min; CHILL: 2 hr;
Makes 18 sandwich cookies
These peanut butter cookies take on
extra magic when filled with ice cream and the edges are rolled in
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup stick margarine or
1 1/4 all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups ice cream (any flavor),
Miniature baking candies, bits or chips or chopped
dry-roasted peanuts, if desired
1. Stir together sugars, peanut butter, shortening,
margarine and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda,
baking powder and salt. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or
2. Heat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls.
Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped in
3. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool 5 minutes;
remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
4. REPOST For each ice-cream sandwich, press 1 rounded tablespoon
ice cream between 2 cookies. Roll the edges of the
sandwiches in candies. Wrap each sandwich in plastic
wrap. Store sandwiches airtight in freezer
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.