Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

This is similar to goulash but is a one pot meal.

1 lb ground meat
      onion to taste
      1 Tbsp chili powder (or to taste)
      1 large can diced tomatoes (28 oz I think)
      2 cups dried macaroni

Brown meat with onions and chili powder
      Add can of tomatoes–juice and all
      Add dried macaroni and simmer for about 30 minutes

This feeds my family of 6

I have bagged (all but the meat of course) and kept on the ready for a quick meal. The family loves it.

I am impressed with your recipe, thank you so much
      frugaljan

I just remembered my daughters favorite. We live in Northern Michigan so we always have Venison (deer meat) in our freezer. I brown it like hamburger place it in the bottom of a 9×13 and then I slice an onion and place that over the meat then I place 6 slices of american cheese on that then I mix 2 cans of Ceram of Mushroom soup with 1-1&1/2 cans of milk.

I pour that mixture over the whole shooting match. I then top it with Tater Tots and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

It is fabulous!!!!!!!

Deer season coming soon and although DH and I don’t hunt we have a friend who does and usually shares some of the bounty with us. Will definitely keep this recipe on file, sounds good. Thanks for sharing.

Just as good with hamburger…

We do alot of cooking with deer meat here. Since dh got a grinder last year we haven’t had to buy hamburger or sausage. Most grocery stores sell beef fat and pork fat (for sausage) real cheap.

Have been told by the Dr that it’s some of the healthiest meat to eat. I use it in place of alot of meats and it keeps the grocery bills down.

do you have a dear meat loaf recipe i can’t get mine to cook in middle we even had fat added at processors still to dense. i’m not creative enought to figure out what to do?! thanks for any help.

Hey Shiggles. I make several mini loafs instead of one large one when I use venison.
      Works great and the left overs make great individual servings for the freezer!

ooohhh thanks! i’ll try that

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.