Saucepan with lid
      Bowl with ice water
      Sharp knife
      Mixing bowl
      Dinner fork
      Spatula
      Sealable plastic bag (like Ziploc)

Instructions
      Place the eggs in a sauce pan and fill with enough cool water to cover the eggs by an inch or two. Place the pan over high heat. Once the water reaches a boil, remove the pan from heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
      Tap the eggs gently against the counter to crack the shell in a few places, and then submerge in ice water for at least 1 minute. Peel the eggs.
      Slice the eggs in half length wise. Use your fingers to remove the yolks. Place all yolks to a mixing bowl. Arrange the empty whites on a platter, cut-side up.
      Mash the yolks with a fork until they are completely crumbled.
      Measure 2 tablespoons of Miracle Whip and the mustard into the bowl with the yolks. Mix and mash the filling until you form a smooth paste. If the filling feels too stiff, add more Miracle Whip a small spoonful at a time. I usually taste to get the taste I desire.
      Use a spatula to scoop all the filling into a Ziploc bag. Press the bag with your hands topush all the filling to one corner and press any air out of the top. If using a Ziploc bag, snip one corner off with a pair of scissors.
      Pipe the filling into the cup of each egg white, filling the cups so that the filling mounds a little over the top. Squeeze the bag from the
      top to forcethe filling downward. I’ve spooned the filling into the egg white over theyears.
      Sprinkle a pinch of paprika and cayenne pepper over thetop of each egg before serving.

Note:
      Miracle Whip ismy preference but I have used salad dressing or mayonnaise.
      I also use 12 eggs for our family and it’s rare for left overs. We also make two different kinds one with cayenne pepper and on without.
      Deviled eggs are best eaten with in 24 hours; they can bemade the day ahead and kept refrigerated in an airtight container. Wait to sprinkle with paprika and cayenne pepper until just before serving.
      Leftover deviled eggs can be kept refrigerated for several days, but they don’t look as pretty.

This is a must at all get together in my family.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Holidays & Special Occasions Thanksgiving Deviled Eggs with a Kick