- April 16, 2013 at 12:50 am #317388
I’m definitely NOT a green bean casserole fan, but I decided to try to come up with one that I’d actually like and want to have again…I finally figured it out. lol 😉
1 (14-15 oz) can whole green beans-drained
1 cup sliced mushrooms or 1 (4 oz) can sliced mushrooms-drained
1 (2 oz) jar diced pimentos-drained
1 medium onion-diced
1 can french fried onions OR 3/4 cup buttered bread crumbs
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp AP flour
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese ((OR more))
s and p-to taste
1/8 tsp dry minced parsley
pinch dry dill weed
1/4 tsp Mrs Dash table blend seasonings
1. In a medium saucepan, add diced onions to melted butter. Cook on medium for 5-8 minutes.
Add flour, salt, and pepper; stir combine.
2. Add warm milk and stir well. Cook until sauce thickens; whisking constantly.
Stir in shredded cheese; stir to combine. Remove from heat.
3. Add green beans, pimentos, mushrooms, and herbs.
Evenly coat ingredients.
4. Pour into a prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle french fried onions or buttered bread crumbs on top.
Cover with foil.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 then remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
*Can sprinkle a little more shredded cheese on top before covering and baking.
Cheese makes everything a little better. 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.