Tagged: tech tips
- This topic is empty.
- November 29, 2020 at 6:42 am #594361
TO DELETE PAST LOCATION TRACKING:
For any device:
- Go to the page myactivity.google.com.
- Look for all entries that have a location pin icon beside the word “details.”
- Click on each of those location pins will cause a pop up window that includes a link that sometimes says “From your current location.”
- Clicking on it will open Google Maps, which will display the location you were at
- Click on the navigation icon that has the three stacked dots and then hit “Delete.”
TO PREVENT FURTHER TRACKING
- Go to the page myactivity.google.com & Sign into your Google account
- On the upper left hand side drop-down menu, click on “Activity Controls.”
- Turn off both “Web & App Activity” and “Location History.”
Doing so will prevent precise location markers from being stored within your Google account. Be aware google will likely warn you that their services aren’t going to work if you shut these off. The services they’re referring to is their ability to track your every damn move.
PREVENT TRACKING On iOS
- Google Maps: Go to Settings> Privacy> Location Services> change it to “While Using” only. This will let you use maps as needed without them storing your shit
- Safari Browser: Settings> Privacy> Location Services> Safari Websites, and change it to “Never.”
PREVENT TRACKING ON ANDROID
- Click on Main settings icon> “Security & location.”
- Scroll down to the “Privacy” heading.
- Tap “Location.” You can toggle it off for the entire device.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.