Stuff I’d Like to See General dehydrating

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

hi all. i’m excited to find this fabulous site. lately i’ve been researching dehydrating methods foods that work for my household…..this has led to soup mixes, sauce mixes and other long life pantry shelf foods.

i’m most interested in dehydrating potatoes and would welcome any advice you might want to share with me. thank you

@cabinfever 527200 wrote:

hi all. i’m excited to find this fabulous site. lately i’ve been researching dehydrating methods foods that work for my household…..this has led to soup mixes, sauce mixes and other long life pantry shelf foods.

i’m most interested in dehydrating potatoes and would welcome any advice you might want to share with me. thank you

can you share those recipes/mixes with us? that sounds like something good to know!

I started dehydrating a few things several years ago and as time has passed I have experimented with a lot of things. My first dehydrator had no fan just a light. It did ok to play with.

I got an better one with a fan on top and temperature gauge. It has done very well, but I want to go on a larger scale so I got a 10 tray w/all the bells and whistles.
      I also bought a book on dehydrating besides the ones that came with the dehydrators.

One thing I can tell you is some things will last a long time vacuum sealed and some others won’t. There is a lot of info here and on to help you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stuff I’d Like to See General dehydrating