- February 24, 2009 at 2:17 am #270967
3 Tbsp trans-fatty-acid–free spread (such as Smart Balance) or butter
1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1 cup sugar
1 large egg and whites of 2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp salt
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-in. square pan with foil, letting foil extend about 2 in. above pan at opposite sides. Coat with nonstick spray.
2. Melt spread and chocolate in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat; stir in sugar. Briskly whisk in egg, egg whites and vanilla extract. Gently stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into prepared pan (batter is thick); smooth surface.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with some crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes. Holding foil, lift from pan to a wire rack to cool. Transfer to a cutting board; cut in 12 bars.
Store airtight at room temperature up to 1 week or freeze up to 2 months.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.