- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated November 1, 2008 at 9:49 pm by .
- November 1, 2008 at 9:49 pm #265660rtebalt
Decadent Chocolate Cherry Fruitcake
• 1 pkg Pillsbury Nut or Date Quick Bread Mix
• 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
• 1 (10 oz) jar maraschino cherries, drained, cut in half
• 3/4 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 3/4 cup water
• 1/4 cup kirsch (cherry-flavored liqueur) or 2 tsp almond extract plus 1/4 cup water
• 1 tbl oil
• 1 egg
• 1 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 2 tsp oil
Heat oven to 350º.
Grease and flour bottom of 9×5″ loaf pan. In large bowl, combine all fruitcake ingredients. Stir by hand until mix is moistened.Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan.
In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and oil, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over fruitcake. Allow glaze to set in refrigerator.
Wrap well in plastic wrap or foil and store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 3 months. Of optimum flavor, refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving. Makes 16 servings.
Tip: Three 3×5″ loaf pans can also be used.Prepare as above. Divide batter evenly between the pans. Bake at 350º for 40-50 minutes.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.