dealership vs. fix it place

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List dealership vs. fix it place

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

My experience – with both body work and with mechanial and/or engine repairs – has been that the fix-it shops actually do a better job, at a much lower cost. But that’s just MY experience, I don’t know if it’s that way everywhere…. One of the experiences I had was when my husband’s Tauraus had a recall notice on it for something, after warranty ran out. We took it to the dealer, and within 15 minutes, they called me with an “additional” list of repairs that needed to be done immediately, at a cost of over $1200. I said no thank you, just do the recall work. The next day we took the car in to Meinecke, and they looked it over and said “you don’t need this. You don’t need that. Nothing wrong with this”…. One of the things the dealer told me we needed immediately was a new battery. That was four years ago, and we just replaced it this month. Up until then, it never gave us a
      problem and never failed to start the car. KP

maria wrote:

Karen PierceBrookfield, WI

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List dealership vs. fix it place