Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I totally support your position on spending time with your daughter over getting a second job outside of the home. I too would not sacrifice my time with my daughter.

I was lucky enough to be able to find some other ways to earn extra money – Mypoints.com is great to earn points for gift cards (which is awesome for dining out, clothing, home repairs, gifts, etc.)….And I was able to – for a long time – work part time from home doing administrative work for my old boss (which I would do after my daughter was in bed for the night so that I didn’t have to sacrifice my family time).

I don’t work the part time job anymore, and I’ve considered going back…but considering our financial position doesn’t require it and the fact that it was just too exhausting….it keeps me content with the full time job I have.

Ria

— On
      Thu, 7/24/08, Suzanne Fesmire Gibbons wrote:

From: Suzanne Fesmire Gibbons Subject: Budget101.com : Re: Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 10:46 AM

I will be graduating from grad school in a couple weeks, and I’m a single mom. I have thought about trying to get a second job to pay down the school loans more quickly, but it comes at the cost of spending time with my daughter. Between working full-time, and the time she spends with her dad, it doesn’t leave much time for us to be together.

I’m making that a priority, over getting out of debt sooner.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.