Daughter in a abusive relationship

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Women’s Issues Daughter in a abusive relationship

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Wow that is hard. My mom wouldn’t let me just move home on a whim once I left but if I were in danger physically or mentally she would have opened the door.

She just didn’t want it to be one of those “life’s hard I want mommy” situations, which you clearly weren’t in.

I think it’s wonderful that you broke free and started anew.

Charles & Rachel Councell
      Independent Managers 335428
      http://www.realvanilla.com
      866-508-3474

“Success in business requires training and discipline and hard work. But if you’re not frightened by these things, the opportunities are just as great today as they ever were.” David Rockefeller (1915 – )

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Bron Gibson
      Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 4:30 PM
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Re: Daughter in a abusive relationship

That is such great and loving advice! I was in an abusive relationship years ago and when I came to my senses, I begged my parents to let me come home. Their answer was: “You made your bed, now lie in it.”

I have never felt the same way about them, or what I once considered ‘home’, since that time. I did get out of the abusive (physical as well as emotional) relationship, but it was very, very hard.

I’ve vowed that if my own daughter is ever in such a relationship, I *will* be there for her. And she knows it.

On 8/13/07, armstrca[/B] <carmstr1@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote:

don’t try anything. just let her go. but make sure she is aware you are there should she need anything (other then financial help – like you won’t just give her $$$).
      don’t make her feel like she has to sneak around to see him or belittle anything about him.

just tell her you accept the fact she is an adult. you don’t like him (not for the real reason) because he doesn’t make her happy and isn’t there for her. remind her a relationship is 50/50 and subtly ask her where his 50% is.
      just be able to be there when she falls.

(but don’t word it like that) remind her you are there for anything she needs.

from: [email]budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of M F
      Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 10:06 AM
      To: [email]Budget101_@yahoogro[url=”https://ups.com[/email%5D/”%5D ups.com[/url]
      Subject: Budget101.com : Daughter in a abusive relationship

our almost 22 yr old daughter has been in an abusive relationship for over a year.

We are a vary close family and she has drifted away emotionally and physically. It is tearing our family apart. We have tried to communicate with her and she is avoiding us.
      Does anyone have any suggestions as to how we reach our child and bring her back into our family life again.

Melissa

white;” width=”1″>

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Women’s Issues Daughter in a abusive relationship