Budget101 Discussion List Archives Women’s Issues Daughter in a abusive relationship

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Re: Budget101.com : Daughter in a abusive relationship

Melissa,

When I was in an abusive relationship with my ex-husband, it would have helped me to know that I had support from my family and if I wanted out, they would help me to get out and get away from him. Also, that she could have a better life. She is 22, so in my opinion old enough to take care of herself and make her own decisions.

I do understand where you are very worried about her, as I would be also. My suggestion would be to be sure she knows that you are there for her and are willing to help her get out of this situation if she wants. Also, when you are in an abusive relationship you sometimes feel worthless and like no one else would ever want you and your self esteem is suffering, because the abuser makes you feel this way.

If you could find someone else to introduce her to that is interested in her, that would be very helpful (or would have been to me) even if nothing comes of it. Be glad that she did not/is not getting married. Also, in my experience emotional abuse is where it starts, then physical comes slowly trailing after.

Good Luck with this, my heart goes out to you.

I hope this helps since it is coming from experience and feel free to email me at koolmist101@yahoo.com if I could help you in anyway.

Misty

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Women’s Issues Daughter in a abusive relationship