Dating on a budget

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      The guy will pay. Even in this equal or progressive time.

They may want you to suggest a place close to you to meet up. Choose a decent restaurant or a sports bar (not a biker hangout ) – or better yet, choose a couple of places and let him pick one.

Some place in public, when if it doesn’t work out, you can both go your separate ways easily (and even if it does work out for just only one and the other doesn’t know about it).

A theatre would not be a 1st date (or even a 3rd date) option (unless the guy was heavily into the theatre). Most dates are to a restaurant, sports bar or movie (don’t select a romantic movie – more of an action/adventure one)

How old is your kid(s)? Is it an option to leave them alone with a speed dial to your cell?

Give specific instructions they cannot leave the house or a list of friends houses they can go to. Or, can they spend the night (make sure most or the dates are one the weekend). I am also a single parent.

I am 48 (gosh I’m getting old) with a 12 yo son.

You def need to figure out what to do with your kid(s). They cannot and should not go with you. Is there other single parents close by?

Can you take turns watching each other’s kids?

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of pseuzanne
      Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 10:59 AM
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Budget101.com : Dating on a budget

As I re-enter the world of dating, I find myself with some questions related to money. First of all, I don’t know what to expect in terms of who will pay for dates.
      How do you navigate through this? For example, I don’t have the money to go to the theater, but if someone wanted to treat me, I would certainly enjoy it.
      Any thoughts on how to do this dating thing with limited time and resources?

Suzanne

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.