- August 27, 2006 at 1:12 pm #237413
Date Nut Bread Mix in a Can
1/2 cup flour
2 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP finely chopped pecans
2 TBSP chopped dates (buy a box of chopped dates)
1 TBSP brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1. Place ingredients into a medium bowl. Blend with a whisk.
Place mixture into a ziplock sandwich bag. Place bag into a 14-16
oz. can (regular size vegetable, fruit, etc.
3. Decorate can with a label that can be removed and attach recipe
with these instructions:
date nut bread to bake in a can
1.Remove mix from can. Empty bag of mix into a medium bowl.
2. Add 1 TBSP water, 1 TBSP oil and 1 egg.
3. Remove any labels or decorations from can. Grease can by rolling
some oil around inside of can.
Drain excess oil. DON’T spray can
with cooking spray-recipe will not work in a sprayed can.
4. Spoon batter into can.
Bake at 350 for 32-35 minutes. Bread is
done when a broom straw or bamboo skewer placed in the middle of
bread comes out clean.
5. When bread is done let it cool 15 minutes in the can.
Run a plain
table knife around edge of bread to loosen it from the can. shake
can to allow the bread to slide out.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.