- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated April 23, 2003 at 9:15 pm by .
- April 23, 2003 at 9:15 pm #241727
Gathering our own salad is such a lovely way of connecting to the natural
world. Dandelion greens – available in your own organic back yard or in the
supermarket – are bursting with valuable carotenoids and vitamins, a true spring
tonic that will enliven and nourish you and your family.
We include a great spring dressing recipe, too: add a little zip to all your
3 cups dandelion leaves
2 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
1. On a sunny day, grab a basket and venture out on a foraging expedition. Be
sure to choose dandelions leaves from areas that have never been sprayed, and
are at least six feet from roadways, to avoid heavy metal contamination.
2. When you have about 3 cups of young, tender leaves, bring them indoors and
wash them gently.
3. Serve, chilled if you like and topped with onion, along with the following
zippy spring dressing
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons flaxseed oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon anise seed (optional)
2 teaspoons fresh peppermint, chopped
2 teaspoons tamari
2 ? teaspoons honey mustard or miso
1. Combine all ingredients and whisk thoroughly to blend.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.