Cutting back on electricity

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Cutting back on electricity

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I would venture to say that the cost of the electric bill is the 70 year old windows, the insulation (which, if it hasn’t been upgraded in recent years, is probably not up to par) and the drafty doors and gravity heater….I seriously doubt that the refrigerator is causing the problem.

If you have an agency called “Focus On Energy” in your area, give them a call and have them come out. They will test your windows, doors and insulation and make recommendations on how things can be improved.

KarenP

Original Message
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2008 12:41 PM
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Cutting back on electricity

My husband seems to think that the stuff you put on your windows to help insulate them doesn’t work.
      We have

• 70 yr old single pane windows
      • not sure about insulation in walls
      • drafty doors
      • a gravity heater
      • [/list]
        We can’t afford to do anything and were renting from my grandmother. Our electric bill was a whopping $705.00 last month! Our kids (adult) live here and they got an old fridge and i’m thiking that might be the cost but I dunno. I’m gonna get this gadget that will check and tell me what is costing what to run.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Cutting back on electricity