Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Cutting back on electricity

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

The Tightwad Gazette!!!!! !!!!!!! I will have to read that, Sounds great to me.

mem68 wrote: I wash everything in cold water. Hang clothes out when my health allows.Cut the heat down at night. Use down comforts on the beds.-got them on sale for $39.00 and they have paid for themselves over. Use the small oven that toasts,bakes,etc. for mking cornbread,biscuits etc.Hang small items on a wooden dryer
      rack in the house and outside when warm.Use microwave for many things-warm ups,heating water for jello,warm lemons,etc. Mking my 10 yo wear old socks in the house for warmth.We wear extra shirts during the day. cut off a light when we leave a room.Don’t use the fan in the bathroom.Have a hot water heater timer and only heat 2 hrs/day. do large cooking on one day -reheat for 3-4 days. Rereading The Tightwad Gazette!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
      Original Message
      From: Dee Bleau To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2008 8:58 AM Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Cutting back on electricity
      I LOVE hanging out my clothes. I do however NOT hang out towels and Jeans and underware.

Dee Need Vehicle work Done? Contact Time Wise Mobile Mechanic 518-470-2377 Ask for Jeff..He will set up a time to come and meet with you to check out your vehicle problems. He comes to you at home or work or where ever you happen to be! Open 24 hrs

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Cutting back on electricity