- September 1, 2012 at 11:39 pm #309085
* 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts-sliced on angle
* 1 large onion, sliced
* 4 cloves garlic, minced/grated
* 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
* 3 large potatoes – peeled and cubed
* 2 large carrots – peeled and sliced
* 1 med green bell pepper – roughly chopped
* 1 tsp salt
* 2 tsp black pepper or to taste
* 3 tbsp curry powder
* 1 tbsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
* 1 1/2 tsp paprika
* 2 – 3 cups chicken broth/stock – (as much as needed)
* 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes *optional*
1. In a large heavy bottomed pot, add ingredients.
2. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat and cover.
3. Slowly simmer for 1 1/2 – 2 hours, stirring occasionaly.
4. When done, check seasonings, and adjust as needed.
Can serve over rice or beans.
**Can use slow cooker – just throw everything in a prepared
slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- September 2, 2012 at 2:06 am #432704
Sounds good..Gonna have to try it..and gonna have to change my fried chicken recipe for Next Sunday and make this Yummy
- September 3, 2012 at 7:15 pm #432742
I like your take on curry chicken. I might try it sometime. I like to make easy dumplings ( just flour and water ) and add them to the broth when it’s finished cooking. The potatoes will save me from having to make them. LOL!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.